What are the advantages of an internal aquarium pump?
When an aquarium pump dies, one wonders if it is worth it to buy one that is internal or if it would be more interesting to redirect to a totally different model such as the external filter for aquarium.
Advantages of the internal aquarium pump:
- the price is minimal,
- does not take up space outside the aquarium,
- few filtering parts to replace when they are no longer operational,
Disadvantages of the internal aquarium pump:
- takes up space in the aquarium,
- greater noise emissions, because it is more compact and less well designed,
- therefore more noise pollution and vibrations for fish,
- suction cups lose effectiveness after 1-2 years,
- fewer filtering parts compared to the external version,
- therefore less well filtered water,
- non-adjustable water flow,
- suitable for aquariums of a certain volume,
- requires more laborious maintenance,
- the lifespan is generally 3-4 years.
Note: Commissions may be earned from the links above.
This page contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our advertising policy, please visit this page.