Tiramisu is arguably the most popular dessert on Earth along with ice cream, pancakes, cookies, cheesecake, chocolate eclair, black forest. The tiramisu recipe is relatively simple, since it consists of a mixture of eggs, sugar, vanilla flavor, mascarpone, biscuits (boudoirs), coffee, rum and finally cocoa powder.
Here are the steps to follow:
- separate 3 egg yolks with their whites,
- mix the egg yolks with 100 grams of sugar,
- add two tablespoons of vanilla flavoring,
- add 250 grams of mascarpone,
- beat the egg whites until stiff,
- gently fold the egg whites into the mixture,
- quickly wet the 24 cookies (boudoirs, less than a second) in 50 centilitres of coffee + 2 tablespoons of rum,
- line the bottom of the dish with the cookies,
- add a layer of the creamy mixture,
- add another level of soaked cookies,
- finish with a last layer of mixture,
- sprinkle the dish with 30 grams of bitter cocoa (example: Van Houten cocoa),
- put in the fridge for 4 hours.
- sprinkle with a colander,
- thicken the cream with cornstarch or rice flour,
- beat the egg whites well: wait until the whites are quite firm, that is to say that you feel resistance when you turn the mixer,
- choose an amber rum (example: Negrita rum).
Note: Commissions may be earned from the links above.
This page contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our advertising policy, please visit this page.