HOME > SOCIETY > ENVIRONMENT
Green component of the France Relance plan in 2020
This is more than 30 billion euros out of the total of 100 billion euros of the France Relance plan of September 2020 which are dedicated to ecology, for the so-called greening axis. The overall plan is 3 to 4 times more massive than that of 2008 put in place after the subprime crisis. And the part for ecology reaches an unprecedented amount until then.
The Institute of the Economy for the Climate, I4CE, estimates in its work for the green recovery that it is necessary to invest between 15 and 18 billion euros each year to go towards carbon neutrality, and thus to be in adhesion with the commitments made under the Paris Agreement.
Sectors that emit a lot of greenhouse gases are transport, buildings, energy, industry and agriculture. The recovery plan will help businesses, communities and households.
This plan contains the following measures:
- energy renovation of hospitals,
- energy renovation of epads,
- training of green professions,
- support for sustainable tourism,
- relocation of industries and places of production, thus reducing the journeys of manufactured goods, and therefore the ecological footprint,
- 11 billion in loans for transport, half of which for the rail sector, on small lines and freight, as well as daily mobility, 1.2 billion for support of public transport and acceleration of the bicycle plan . In particular, with aid for the purchase of less emitting vehicles, the installation of charging stations, research and development in the automotive and aviation sector, such as a future green airplane.
- € 2 billion to bring out a green hydrogen line, which will be supplemented by € 5 billion in additional investments by 2030,
- decarbonization of industry, with accelerated development of renewable heat, 1.2 billion euros which will go towards greening businesses,
- 1.2 billion euros in agricultural renovation, including 350 million in aid to develop healthier and more local food, by also supporting HVE3 certifications (high environmental values), short circuits, organic products, territorial food projects; 250 million euros to speed up the renewal of agricultural equipment, reducing the need to use pesticides, with more efficient sprayers. 250 million euros to modernize slaughterhouses, and therefore work on the issue of animal welfare in breeding. 200 million euros to help forests adapt to climate change.
- € 2 billion in the development of the circular economy, with sorting at source of bio-waste, modernization of sorting centers, waste recovery, renovation of water networks, sanitation stations, protection actions in national parks, replanting of hedges. 300 million euros in the fight against concrete, accelerate the rehabilitation of wasteland.
This plan is funded to the tune of 40 billion euros by Europe. With 750 billion in total at European level, for similar plans in each country. The European credits will lead to the first payments from the beginning of 2021.
Note: Commissions may be earned from the links above.
This page contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our advertising policy, please visit this page.
The best telescope to observe the planets?
List of planets that can be explored in Mass Effect Andromeda
Best free planetarium software
The NASA goes public to find the 9th planet
Every internaut can participate to the participatory project launched by the NASA that consists into finding the famous 9th planet. Its existence ...