The faucet may be so old that it has become almost impossible to fix it. It must therefore be changed completely. This is especially necessary if it continues to leak or drip after changing the joints, and have descaled. In this case if we want to avoid a water damage that has happened quickly. When you want to sell a property, it is mandatory that the installation complies with the standards. One can also just want to change it for aesthetic reasons.
What kind of faucet
There are nowadays high performance and interesting taps at the design and water saving level, with for example:
You should know that the more complex the faucet is and the more difficult it will be to repair it. However nowadays, they are more robust than what was manufactured in the 80s or 90s. It lasts much longer.
How to proceed
The tap change is rather simple. If you are afraid of doing anything wrong, you can call a certified plumber.
- You must first cut off the water supply, check that the water is no longer coming out of your faucets, thus testing the outlets.
- put the stopper of the sink (the drain). You will be able to recover more easily the parts of the faucet that can come off during the operation.
- unbolt the cold water inlet and the hot water inlet,
- Unscrew the tap under the sink, loosen the ring and remove it.
- Take the opportunity to clean and scrub the sink at the opening dedicated to the tap.
- then insert the new tap, reconnect cold water, hot water,
- and tighten the screw with the wave, which allows to keep it in place.
- finally open the water supply and test that the tap is in good working order.
Note: Commissions may be earned from the links above.
This page contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our advertising policy, please visit this page.