HOME > SHOPPING > FLOWERS
Different species of sunflower
There are a multitude of vigorous sunflowers. Here is the list of the annual plants that are most often grown in fields or gardens:
- Heliantus decapetalus is among the most energetic species. The plants are tall, up to 2 meters. We can therefore place them at the bottom of a plant bed. The flowers are sulfur yellow, even golden yellow, reminiscent of daisies. There is no need for a tutor,
- The atroruben is a species originating from North America. The height of this plant reaches 2 meters. The leaves are located at the base of the stem. A single plant can produce between 1 and 15 flowers.
- Helianthus annuus is easily the most common annual sunflower. This plant can be recognized by its typical large flowers that can have a diameter of up to 40 centimeters. The size can reach 4 meters if the sunflower is well established in the ground.
- The "Russian giant" helianthus is a sunflower that will be ideal for making a hedge of flowers. This will allow you to surround your vegetable garden or even create a relaxation area where you can read quietly in summer.
- "Prado red" helianthus is a plant that is used to make bouquets. The flowers have a moderate size, with a diameter of about 10 cm.
Note: Commissions may be earned from the links above.
This page contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our advertising policy, please visit this page.
How to have a sunflower in a pot?
When to sow sunflower seedlings?
How to care for the sunflower
Origin of sunflower